Friday 14 January 2022

Hello, Again

Is anyone still out there? Wow, it's been a really long time since I last dusted off this account.

I've recently been in touch with a few friends from my old blog(s), so I thought it might be time to drop by with some news and updates.

Deep breath... I'm thirty years old now 😅 for perspective, I think I was about eighteen when I started *whispers* that one goth blog. I'm also a mum, I have a gorgeous little boy who is three years old. I'm legally married, though our ceremony has actually been postponed a bunch of times due to COVID - fingers crossed for May this year.

I've been blogging very quietly and secretly for just over a year under my middle name, and that blog has grown into a little memoir, which will be published by Moon Books this November and is currently available for pre-order (I am incredibly excited!). My content now is much more personal and quite different to what I was posting here back in the day and therefore may or may not be of interest, but you can find me at:

Katrina, Consumed

Instagram

Moon Books

Amazon

The blogosphere has changed quite dramatically since I was last here, but if anyone is still around from the good old days, do come and say hello :)

Best wishes for 2022 to you all!

9 comments:

  1. Hello :)

    I'm also occassionaly blogging but it's been years since my last update. I'm also a mum now :) Congrats on your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) and congratulations too on your little one! It's so nice to see that some of the same people are still inhabiting these spaces!

      Delete
  2. Hi Amy! I have been following you since far far ago. The gothic blog you had.
    Is it something that is changing here. You are not the first I see to write a new post for a while. Are we tired of short snippets and longing for the amazing blog community we once had?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I remember you very well (in fact I think I am following you on Instagram). Isn't it amazing how much the internet has changed in just a few short years? I do miss the close-knit community we used to have.

      Delete
  3. You have no idea how long ive searched for this blog and the old one. Anyway cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're about the same age and I used to read your old gothic blog regularly - lots of fond memories for me! I was reading an archived version of your blog for a bit of nostalgic fun and I happened upon this new one. I'm so very glad to see that you're doing well.

    Congratulations on your new family and on your new book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I used to follow your goth blog and then also this one and a later one (I think it was called She might be a faery, but then I couldn't find it any more). Every now and then I think of you and how you're doing. Also in relation to my own doubts about gothic. I became a fan of the music and style in the 00's but somehow I don't feel as comfortable with this label and subculture as at that time and I'm thinking it may be time to move on. I'm glad to see this post and I'll see the new blog! Wishing you all the best with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm late for this, but I used to every once in a while look for your old blog, Strip tights and dark delights if I'm not mistaken. I loved it, it brought me a lot of comfort in the past. Happy you are good, wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your exciting life changes! I loved Stripey Tights & Dark Delights and found it so inspirational. Glad for the update :)

    ReplyDelete